Sunday 3 January 2010

Book 1 of 100...Deadly Desire - Keri Arthur


This is the 7th in the Riley Jenson series and I would usually re-read the previous books in order before starting the new one but I just couldn't resist it, (plus all the rest are in boxes under the stairs). But when I buy book 8 I will definitely re- read the rest beforehand.

That said, blimey Arthur's novels and having 2 small children do not mix well at all, I just couldn't put it down and seeing as I picked it up last night as soon as the new year had barely begun, I didn't want to waste a second of potential reading time, I was amazed at how quickly I finished it though.

If your not familiar with the series here's what the back page says

"A rare hybrid of werewolf and vampire, Guardian Riley Jenson, always seems to be facing danger. She's trying to catch a fiend who's left a trail of female corpses behind in a bizarre ritual of evil, just as a series of brutal slayings also shocks the vampire world of her lover, Quinn. So the last thing Riley needs is the heat of the upcoming full moon bringing her werewolf hormones to a boil - or the reappearance of a sexy bounty hunter, Kye Murphy.

Torn between her vamp and wolf natures, between her love for Quinn and Kye's lupine charm, Riley knows she's courting danger and indulging the deadliest desires. And when her hunt through the supernatural underworld brings her face-to-face with what lurks in a darkness where even monsters fear to tread, things begin to get really deadly."

I'm totally useless at writing reviews because I'm too worried about not giving away the ending and end up hardly describing it at all. And if it wasn't for my mum buying me full moon rising last xmas I may never have know the literary delights of Keri Arthur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP