Friday 24 October 2008

The New Project

As I've decided to give myself a kick up the bum and get working again, I've come up with a new project, which involves digital imagery, paintings and also greetings cards.

They are going to be a series of images of certain people, I have started the digital work on Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain, Elvis, Adam Ant and to jump on the film release bandwagon, James Bond. I have a few other people to work on also which have been suggested to me and once I've got some progress on them I'll post them on here too. If anyone wants to suggest anyone in the meantime be my guest as I see this as quite a progressive project.

The only problem is I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation due to lack of funds. I need the funding to buy the gear to get everything up and running but I need the products to show within my portfolio to get the funding...

No worries, I have some spare canvas and I will be getting the basic card making equipment tomorrow, so I will be ready for the two important meetings on 28th October and 3rd November.

Plus the great thing about having an etsy shop is that when the mood takes me to make something crafty like a knitted bear I won't clutter up the kid's bedroom, i'll be able to sell it instead. But I'll have to make sure our daughter doesn't see it or it will be like a banshee let loose in the house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP