Friday 20 March 2009

Piet Mondrian






This is a sneaky post really to plug my etsy shop because I have just made an ACEO (2.5" x 3.5") in the style of Mondrian. And even the simplicity of his images is very hard to do, getting straight edges for starters, drives me crazy. But the effects are amazing. When I saw the image of the Mondrian Building above I thought it was a museum of Mondrian's work but I'm not sure I think it may just be someone's house. I wonder if hubby would let us do it to ours? I doubt it.
And considering Mondrian died it 1944 its great how his paintings are fresh and exciting even today.
If you want to know more about Mondrian click here for the Wikipedia.
If you haven't guessed already the bottom image is the one available in my etsy shop. Just click the image to view the listing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP