Saturday 20 February 2010

Book 3. Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton


I know its the 17th book in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series and its my first taste of them and I was very glad that I picked it up when I saw it and didn't wait until I'd read the other previous. Although now I definitely will go back and read her previous books and then I can read this one all over again. Although for someone like me who has just dived straight into these books its a little like drowning with so many characters and so much going on that will have already been explained in more detail in previous novels but Hamilton does acknowledge this and tells you enough to find the surface of the water once more but only reading the others will give you the deep meaningful answer to the questions...So there's plenty more for me to read...

Here's the back page:

"I'd worked my share of serial killer cases, but none of the killers had ever mailed me a human head. That was new.

My name is Anita Blake and my reputation has taken some hits. Not on the work front, where I have the highest kill count of all legal vampire executioners in the country, but on the personal front. No one seems to trust a woman who sleeps with the monsters. Still when a vampire serial killer sends me a head from Las Vegas, I know I have to warn Sin City's local authorities what they're dealing with.

Only its worse than I thought: several police officers and an executioner have been slain paranormal style. When I get to Las Vegas, I'm joined by three other federal marshals. Which is a good thing because I need all the back-up I can get when hunting a killer this powerful and dangerous."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP