Tuesday 15 June 2010

Book 9 Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


I write a list of books for hubby so if my birthday/mothers day etc comes up he can pick something from the list. Well this Valentines day he got me four books, two were from the list and two weren't.
This one was one of the two I hadn't even heard of but ooh I was so impressed with hubby asking the staff for assistance and to the staff of waterstones for picking something that I would like.
It was great from start to finish but it did make me cry so you might want a hankie (but I am pregnant so my hormones are through the roof!!).
One thing I did keep thinking while I was reading it was that this is how I wished Twilight saga was like. The main girl Grace was so much more likeable for me than Bella from Twilight and if you've read them and were more team jacob than edward then this is the Werewolf story for you.
Here's the back page:
"The pack circled around me, tongues and teeth and growls.
When a local boy is killed by wolves, Grace's small town becomes a place of fear and suspicion. But Grace can't help being fascinated by the pack, and by one yellow-eyed wolf in particular. There's something about him - something almost human.
Then she meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away..."

1 comments:

Crystal Raen said...

Sounds really good, thanks for sharing, I am def going to have to keep an eye out for this one.

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP