Thursday 8 July 2010

Book 10 NightLight a parody by the Harvard Lampoon

I was a little disappointed by this because they made the Bella character even more irritating than in the Twilight saga. It was well written but I didn't find it as funny as some spoof things I have read or seen. I'm just glad it wasn't very long and that it didn't cost very much...
Here's the back page so you can judge for yourself:
"When you like, live forever, what's there to live for?
About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him... that wanted me dead. And, third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically and disreputably wished he had kissed me.
And thus, in this hilarious send-up of Twilight, Belle Goose falls for the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen.
Pale and klutzy Belle's new to Switchblade, Oregon; looking for adventure or, at least, an undead classmate. She finds Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After some stranger-than-strange events- Edwart saves her from a flying snowball!- Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. But how can she get him to bite her and so become his eternal bride?
Romance, danger, flaky parenting, creepy stalking and a vampire prom- all this and the uproarious tale of a vampire-obsessed girl, looking for love in all the wrong places."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP